This 4 day workshop runs for three hours each day and focuses on topics such as:
- What is my experience and how can I help a Canadian Company?
- Can I do this job where I live?
- Who do I need to meet?
- Getting ready to job search, resume formatting, networking, etc.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian company perspective of employment (what they want);
- Find and list the skills, education, salary, and requirements of a Canadian occupation;
- List and describe your own work history, within a Canadian context;
- List and describe your skills and accomplishments;
- Match and analyze your professional skills to a minimum of one Canadian occupation;
- Create a list of networking contacts; and
- Plan the next steps in your own job search process
Eligibility Requirements: Permanent Resident, Convention Refugee, Live-in-Caregivers, and are part of the WR Connectors Program application process
Pre-registration for this workshop is required, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.